Saturday, November 14, 2009

Music the co-factor we share..!!

I was feeling so bored and tepid, that afternoon, while returning home from the college. I stalked through few shops in the busy Bus Terminal, to indulge in window shopping. I entered in my favorite retail cloth merchandise, my eyes started searching for some different colors, patterns, sizes and of-course the price of variety of dresses displayed there. Ultimately decided to purchase a few I liked the most and left the shop........happily!!!!!! Ya.....I wondered??? why am I suddenly happy now???? what happened to me before entering the shop?? In fact losing money should make me feel more miserable....but its not?? May be shopping is the best remedy especially for girls to combat their depression and gain some enthusiasm.......It makes them more richer in their worldly assets or at least give them a pseudo hope of it....I guess hhahahahh!!!!!!

I took the elevator to reach the gate of my bus. The bus had just left so it was waiting time for me.I was checking for the timing of the next bus,a mature voice interrupted,' It's after about half an hour honey.' I turned around, a young lady with black short hairs, and beautiful eyes smiled at me. I said,' Damn it!!! that too, if there is no traffic, hopefully the bus will come on time.'

As i was standing behind her, in a few seconds, I saw, she was also carrying a shopping bag exactly the same I was!!!!! So i immediately asked her,' Did you do shopping downstairs?' She said,'yes, I bought some winter coats, they were good there and added you know, yesterday I went to Macy's and there is an extremely fantastic sale of footwear....you should really go...oh!! what did you shop honey?' And she curiously started looking for the stuff, i showed her. Wow!! you really have good taste.I was flattered by her appreciation...

I asked her,'What's your name and Where do you stay?' She replied,'Am Rose and I get off at the last stop of the bus, it takes me about an hour to reach there by this bus.' She asked ,' Where do you work?' I told her my name and said,' I too travel long about an hour in subway and about half an hour by bus to go to my college.' I continued asking her,' Where do you go in city?' She said,' I am a receptionist in a famous Hotel in the New York City, working there since last 22 years.' I appreciated it. She in an informative tone added,' I never travel by subway.' I inquired,' Why?' She said,' When i was young I was robbed twice, ...while traveling for my morning shift at around 6 a.m, they threatened me by knife, so i gave my purse and jewelery and just ran , from then onwards I prefer taking a walk or a bus.'

I said,' Its really horrifying.' Listening to her accent, I said,' Are you Spanish? She replied ,' Ya, I am.... but we are from Ecuador, its a small country in South America,the equator straddles through it.' I told her,' You are really having an impressive personality, European features with beautiful black hairs.' She smiled and said,' Actually my father was from Spain, and now I take a lot of care of myself at this age of 48 yrs, I eat more fruits and fish...and avoid red meat...haaaa!!'

I said,' Have you tried Indian food? it's spicy.' She said,' No, I have never, moreover I cannot eat spicy things at all!!!!' I was a bit astonished, as in the cosmopolitan city, most of people try Indian food and they like it. Then ,' What do you know about India?' By the time we were in Bus and were happy to share adjacent seats. She said,' I love Indian Music and Indian Cinema.' My jaw dropped,' Wowww!!!!! Its great...how do you understand the lyrics, language...do you know Hindi?' She explained,' You know everyone back home in Ecuador is a great fan of Indian Movies..We follow the translated subtitles to watch the movies, and Indian music is just the best in the world, all the songs are translated in Spanish.....I like the soothing, calm notes of various instruments played by them.'

She told ,' I always wanted to visit India. I admire the outfits too. I meet lot of Indian guests residing at the hotel as a part of my job. Once I saw a lady wrapped in a beautiful saree , her jewelery was mind blowing..... she had lots of servants taking care of her smallest things.' I said,' She must really from an aristocratic Indian Family, I too wonder who she might be?' Only a handful people in India can enjoy this lifestyle and luxury even today.

'Hey, Priti you surely come with your husband to my home, I will cook some Italian pastas for you.' She said. ' Surely, Rose..we will come.Do you have a family?' I asked. She replied,' My husband expired 2 years back, I stay alone, but take care of my sister's family, her husband is very sick, they cannot make their ends meet, so I help them financially, if I bring grocery for myself I bring it for her too, I give all my overtime money to them....you know I believe God gives me more when I help her.'

I just saw out of the window , my stop was about to come. I said,' Hey, Rose bye....see you again.' I came home.Enjoying the hot masala chai, listening to some Hindi song on my Netbook.....I admired Rose,the responsible sister she is!!! today I realized the pivotal role of Music....its universal... surpassing all the barriers created by human beings...the melody of it strong enough to revitalize our preoccupied minds and raise it higher to the divine spirit we all long for!!

5 comments:

Yeshna Gupta said...

beautiful :)

Priti L Mishall said...

Hey Yeshna...Thanks a lot!!!

Keepsaker said...

u so lucky to meet all these wonderful people, and so are they to meet u....

yet another beautiful piece of writing...

Priti L Mishall said...

Hey Amol, thanks for ur appreciation, You know when I again read my own blogs, I thank god each time for giving me an oppurtunity to meet so simple yet wonderful people....its the spirit and energy of them I want to spread to everyone who reads the blog...so we can appreciate the realities of life with open eyes and optimism!!

Unknown said...

hi,
priti,i liked rose bcoz after her life was settled by the god alone...so she may realised the pain...she is not at all ready to pull the same place to her sister.....rescueing her sister's husband hardly....
well done...